My first tutorial!!!

Ok here is the tutorial I promised! It is my first tutorial so please be gentle with me!LOL I did see how to do this on someone elses blog (in a video) but am not sure where, so I thought I would share it with you incase you havent seen it! I love the idea of stamping on buttons, and embossing them! And I suppose you could use colored buttons, I just think they show so much on clear ones!You can see how I used my buttons in this post here on my flower pot card!

So here are your supplies you need: heat gun, embossing powder, tweezers, clear buttons, clear versamark pad, stamp set (I used background sampler which is retired),tidy tray(optional).

Ink up your background stamp with your clear versamark pad.

Put your button on your tweezers using the holes in the button then press your button onto your stamp. Try not to slide the button across the stamp because the vesamark can be slippery and you dont want to mess up the image!

Pour on desired color of embossing powder (I used silver) and tap off excess powder!

Heat with a heat gun until melted!

Didnt it turn out beautiful??

Here are a few more using different embossing powders!
I hope you enjoyed your time here and come back often!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn Marie ... what an awesome tutorial! I'm going to give it a try! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Good tutorial, easy to follow, and a great idea for those clear buttons just sitting in my drawer!
cindyb

Renée said...

great tutorial, Dawn Marie!

Kim said...

Great tutorial!!! You did an awsome job.

You go girl!!!!

Bonnie said...

Hey Dawn, You did an awesome job. I'll have to put that idea to use. Very Kewl!