Cookie Exchange


I am so sorry for the horrible picture and for my cluttered house behind the cookies! LOL. Anyway I was supposed to have a cookie exchange party I am going to on Sunday, but with all this snow we are getting in Michigan........ I am not sure if I am gonna travel or not. Ok I am getting to the point of my post..........my hubbys niece babysat so we could go see "I am Legend" with Will Smith. Which I should say was an AWESOME movie, glad we got to go. SO my sister in law had been shopping out in our area and decided to come by and pick up the sitters. Very cool, thanks Mike and Ann........so she saw my cookies I had finished for the cookie exchange and asked to try them,she loved them and said "Now you have to put these on your blog". She asked and you shall receive!!So finally here is a picture and the recipe to my Nana's Ice Cream Cookies.Enjoy!!
Ice Cream Cookies
4 and a half cups of flour
1lb of butter
cut together like pie dough
Add one pint of softened vanilla ice cream
Mix dough well and divide into two equal parts (in ziploc bags)
Refrigerate over night
Roll out dough in powdered sugar(not flour) to about 1/8 to 1/4 thickness.
cut rolled dough to 3 inch squares. Fill with your favorite danish filling(thicker then jam)about a teaspoon**you can find it at most bulk food stores.
roll dough from one corner to other. you should see some filling sticking out.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until not doughy but lightly browned edges!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look yummy! I have yet to make cookies this year but hope to when I get home for the holiday!