It's starting to feel like Christmas.....

We are having Christmas Eve at our house this year for my husbands family. If you don't know already my hubby's family is HUGE. He is one of 14 kids, which are all married and have kids of their own. And we just recently found out that one of his nephews (who is also married) is expecting their first child in July. My in law's will be great grandparents, how exciting!!!! So needless to say there will be alot of cleaning, decorating, baking and wrapping of presents alot earlier then usual in our house. I love to bake and I was trying to find some different kind of cookies to make besides the "same oldies" but goodies. So when I was at the store picking up some odds and ends, I found a magazine Holiday Cookies by Land O Lakes Butter.So today a tried a couple recipes out on my family to see if they would be good to make for Christmas. Any way I think they both made the cut onto the Schultes Christmas Cookie Platter!!! The ones that look like chips are Chocolate Dipped Citrus Ribbons made with my grandmothers cookie press which is probably older then I am. The round ones are Strawberry Rhubarb Shortbread thumbprints. If anyone is looking for the magazine you can find it here.Or Email me and I can get a copy to you. They are alittle lengthy to put on my blog. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Those look very yummy! I love thumbprint cookies. Have a wonderful weekend Dawn! Chris